139 Piccadilly is a Grade II listed building arranged over six floors, dating back to the mid-18th century. This grand, former townhouse offers over 14,000 sq ft of accommodation and showcases a smart period facade, beautifully preserved original features throughout, and far-reaching views over Green Park. It has most recently been used as an office building but is currently vacant from the ground floor up, with only the apartment at lower ground level occupied.
This is an excellent opportunity for the regeneration of an impressive period building, and there is residential planning permission in place to convert the property back into a townhouse. There are four sizeable garages included within the sale, located on nearby Down Street Mews.
The current use of the property is Use Class E and therefore could change use to:
- Retail: Display or retail sale of goods, other than hot food
- Restaurant: Sale of food and drink, for consumption on the premises
- Leisure: Indoor sport, recreation, or fitness
- Medical: Medical or Health Services
- Creche: Nursery or day centre
- Offices: Research and light industrial
- Full planning permission was granted on 26 August 2015 for the change of use from office space (Use Class E) to a single family dwellinghouse (Use Class C3).
- The planning grants a rare opportunity to convert 139 Piccadilly into an impressive townhouse measuring circa. 15,339 sq ft.
- The planning also grants for the excavation of a part basement, creation of terrace on the roof and creation of courtyard at the rear ground floor level.
- Planning was granted under reference 14/11168/FULL and implemented on 29 May 2018 under reference 18/02453/CLEUD.
- The listed building consent runs alongside the main planning application under reference 14/11168/LBC
- The development is free of any Section 106 or CIL contributions.
- There is no affordable housing
Value Add Opportunities
- Each floor has exceptional floorplates of circa. 2,500 sq ft and with an existing lift the Property lends itself well for a subdivision of the property into apartments subject to necessary planning consent.
Running from Piccadilly Circus in the east to Hyde Park Corner in the west, Piccadilly is home to several well-known landmarks including Fortnum & Mason Department Store, the Ritz Hotel, and the Royal Academy of Arts. It is well positioned for all that Mayfair and the West End have to offer, with easy access to the world-class shopping of Mount Street and Bond Street, as well as most of London's Michelin starred restaurants. Steeped in history and tradition, Mayfair is the sophisticated and luxurious epicentre of cosmopolitan London, with its boutique shops, art galleries, designer labels and café culture. It is also home to the capital's largest concentration of 5-star hotels and private members' clubs. The property is ideally located for the open spaces of Green Park and Hyde Park, and there are excellent transport links nearby, including Hyde Park Corner and Green Park Tube Stations.